Our American friends – the time has FINALLY come!! The Canada border will start welcoming leisure travelers, WITHOUT quarantining, starting Monday, August 9th.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- This is currently only in effect for fully vaccinated US citizens and permanent residents (there are other rules for non vaccinated and partially vaccinated Americans)
- You must have received the FULL dose of a Health Canada approved vaccine (Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson) at least 14 days prior to entry to be considered fully vaccinated
- You must be asymptomatic and provide proof of a negative COVID PCR or molecular test within 72 hours prior to entry
- Unvaccinated minors younger than 12 entering Canada with vaccinated parents or guardians will not have to quarantine for 14 days
- Fully vaccinated travelers will NOT need a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected at the port of entry to complete a Covid-19 molecular test
- Travelers must follow all provincial and territorial public health measures
- In order to facilitate a speedy crossing, it is recommended that all of your information is uploaded in the ARRIVECAN portal (app or website) prior to crossing
***this information is accurate to the best of our knowledge at this time. COVID-19 and government protocols are ever changing. We will do our best to keep you up to date but Hideaway Lodge takes no responsibility should this information prove to be inaccurate in the future.